Cool Finds: Handmade Advent Calendars
When I was a little girl, we had this fabulous felt advent calendar, and my mother would fill each little pocket with a candy or chocolate — usually a Hershey’s Kiss! It would hang on the back of a door somewhere, and everyone morning I would wake up so excited to check the next pocket, and move this tiny little mouse bookmark to mark its place. I have always LOVED the countdown to Christmas — it feels like the most special time of the year!
This year, my gramma brought my daughter a wooden advent calendar with little drawers with teensy, tiny ornaments inside. Each morning, my toddler makes a beeline for the piano where it sits and counts the days we’ve already opened. So sweet!
If you’re looking for some craft advent calendar inspiration, check out these beauties below. So many lovely ideas!
01. How cute is this activity calendar from Smile & Wave? I love the idea of changing up the little notes each year to spice things up!
02. So unique! I’m in love with this chain link calendar from Stitch-Craft.
03. Totally swooning over this bunting countdown calendar from Needle & Nest.
04. Look at all those buttons! Absolutely beautiful, and for the kiddos — a great counting game! Wonderful idea from Miss Gioia.
05. Digging this completely charming burlap advent calendar from Funkytime.
06. Hello, design love! Check out these digital printable for your own rad calendar via Oh Happy Day.
07. Simple and elegant! Exactly what we’d expect from the fabulous Miss James of Bleubird Vintage.
Here’s to a fabulous month of waiting and wondering! Happy holidays!
Do your little ones get excited about opening their advent calendars? What sorts of activities and treats do you hide inside? And if you’re not the advent calendar type, what other holiday countdown traditions do you share with your family?
If you enjoyed this post, follow us on Facebook for more goodness.