Apple and Smoked Cheddar Turkey Sandwich on Toasted Wheat French Bread Recipe
For my sandwich creation, I wanted to put together something tasty, healthy and unique. I needed a special ingredient that kicked the typical turkey sandwich up a notch and made it different. Oh, and I also needed a recipe that my kiddos would enjoy and wouldn’t take much time to put together. Not an easy task!
So, inspired by an Apple and Cheddar Salad recipe I posted a few weeks ago, I created an Apple and Smoked Cheddar Turkey Sandwich on Toasted Wheat French Bread. What makes this sandwich unique is the smoked cheddar, which you can find at your grocer’s deli. The smokey flavor of the cheddar, along with the tartness of the green apples and sweet red onion make this turkey sandwich a total rock star! Not only is this sandwich appealing to children, but you could also serve this fancy creation at parties and family gatherings. Your guests will be impressed, trust me.
Are you drooling yet? Let’s go over the recipe then!
Apple and Smoked Cheddar Turkey Sandwich on Toasted Wheat French Bread
- Hormel Natural Choice Oven Roasted Turkey
- 1 small Granny Smith green apple, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- smoked cheddar cheese, sliced
- green leafy lettuce
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- wheat French bread loaf, sliced and toasted before serving
- Thinly slice apple, smoked cheddar and red onion, then tear off desired amount of lettuce.
- Slice desired thickness of French bread and place in toaster.
- Removed warm toasted bread, add mayo and start building your yummy sandwich!