Do you ever get bored with dinner? My family certainly does, so occasionally we mix it up by having a sandwich and soup night or even breakfast for dinner. I mean, who says we have to always follow the rules at dinnertime?
Watch how to make this recipe below or scroll down to print it!
Since my family enjoys wraps of all kinds for both lunch and dinner, I decided to do a take on that. Then I thought about an appetizer that I have created several times for gatherings in the past, but wanted to add some special to it…. bacon.
So, the Bacon, Spinach, Chive and Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll-Ups recipe was perfected (after many taste testings) and I truly feel that I have created something that offers a fun and creative way to eat dinner for the whole family. I mean, who doesn’t love bite-sized nuggets of bacon, spinach, chive and cream cheese?
Bacon, Spinach and Green Onion Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll-Ups
(you can print full recipe ingredients and directions at bottom of post)
1. Mix the chopped green onions, crumbled bacon, torn spinach, cream cheese and ranch dressing mix in a large bowl. I like to use my stand mixer, but you can hand mix as well.
2. Mix until well blended.
3. Heat tortillas in microwave for about 20 seconds or so. You do not want the tortillas to be hot, just warm enough that they are pliable. Lay tortillas flat, scoop filling and place in the middle of the tortilla.
4. Spread out the filling using a butter knife or rubber spatula, making one even layer. It will not be entirely perfect!
5. Roll tortilla as tightly as possible until it is completely rolled up.
6. After all 4 tortillas are rolled, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. This will make cutting the tortillas much cleaner and easier.
7. The next day, remove tortillas from the plastic wrap and place tortillas on a cutting board. Slice 1/2 inch pieces with a sharp knife. You can also use a serrated bread knife. The ends are usually not salvageable, so I just eat those and slice the rest. 🙂
8. Serve and enjoy!
Print the recipe below.