Sleep Savvy Kid Bedroom Decor and Design
Getting your little ones to go to sleep can sometimes be a bit of a challenge. However, transforming their bed into a fun & inviting space can convince even the craftiest bedtime dodgers to hit the hay!
01. From closet to bed – a unique sleeping space shared by two brothers. Brilliant! (from Ohdeedoh)
“When our second son was born, we had to come up with a way to create personal space for our older son. I thought Max was a genius when he built a loft bed into the existing closet space. It was an odd shaped closet, which made it hard to put anything away without it getting lost forever. Our older son Adam loves having his own area, and now that Owen has grown out of his crib, he wanted to move into the closet too. It’s perfect because the rest of the room became their play space. We only need one large dresser for their clothes. Since they are boys, they always wear the same 5 shirts anyways. No need for a closet.”
02. DIY a gorgeous platform bed — the site is in Swedish, but even though I can’t read it I’m smitten with this idea! (from Ohdeedoh)
03. Placing a bunk bed in an already existing alcove creates a cave-like retreat for tired little explorers — what a fun place for cozying up to enjoy a favourite book! (from Ohdeedoh)
04. Create a multi-functioning bed/playhouse — what kid wouldn’t want to sleep on their own roof? (from Ohdeedoh)
“I created a felt playhouse for my daughter’s Ikea Kura bed as it is currently being used for toy storage. She shares a room with our baby, so it was great to have a bed that let us keep her toys in her room, and still have room for the baby’s crib. I measured out the felt to fit the bed, and attached it with strips of velcro.”
05. Create a built-in bed for maximized space — just think of all the neat forts that could be made here.