Crockpot Slow Cooker Lasagna
Just when you think you knew everything that one could make in a crockpot, you stumble upon a new possibility that you never thought was possible.
That’s right. Lasagna made in a crockpot. And it’s to die for. You’ll never believe how good it tastes. Grab the recipe below.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours; 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) container part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 11/2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, stemmed removed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 lasagna noodles (I used whole wheat)
1. Brown ground turkey in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes; cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally or until onion is tender. Stir in marinara sauce and tomatoes and simmer lover low heat 10 minutes more.
2. In a medium bowl stir together ricotta cheese 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, spinach and pepper.
3. Spread one-third of turkey mixture into a 6-quart slow cooker; top with 2 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread half of the ricotta mixture evenly over noodles. Spread one-third of the turkey mixture, 2 more noodles, remaining cheese and remaining turkey mixture. Cover and cook over Low heat 4 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over the top and cover and let stand 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with red pepper flakes, if desired