DIY Banana-Scented Play-Dough
There are some cartoons from my childhood that are simply timeless and Curious George is one of those special shows. As a parent, it’s so neat to see my kids enjoying the same stories that I loved as a kid, too.
Fortunately, all 9 seasons of Curious George (more than 100 episodes in all) is now exclusively streaming on Hulu! Hulu is THE streaming destination for the best of TV, and a great selection of films! Plus, you can stream almost anywhere, on any device, including gaming consoles, set-top boxes, tablets, mobile phones, and more.
About Curious George
For nearly 65 years, generations of young children have been charmed by the literary adventures of Curious George. Now George is ready for his next big adventure! Based on the best-selling Curious George books by Margret and H.A. Rey, the series expands George’s world to include a host of colorful new characters and original locales, while maintaining the charm of the beloved books. Each of the half-hour episodes includes two animated stories followed by short live-action pieces showing real kids who are investigating the ideas that George introduces in his stories. The series aims to inspire kids to explore science, math, and engineering in the world around them.
Inspired by Curious George coming to Hulu, Charlie and I created a banana-scented play-dough. This play-dough recipe is super easy to make and provides hours of fun for the kiddos. Here is what you’ll need to make it. 🙂
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- food coloring (I like this this natural food coloring powder)
- banana scent (I used a tiny bit of banana pudding mix)
- Mix salt, flour and water in a bowl until the dough starts forming. Use hands to continue combining the ingredients until the dough is no longer sticky and/or dry.
- Add food coloring and scent, then knead dough with hands until desired color is achieved. If the color isn’t bright enough after kneading, add more food coloring.
- Play! Store in an air-tight container for about 6 months.
Charlie even made a banana for George!
Your favorite monkey is swinging into your home. Watch all 9 seasons of Curious George, now streaming only on Hulu here. Visit Hulu.com to start a free 1-month trial, too, offer open only for a limited time!
This post is sponsored by Hulu.