Summer is officially here, which means that my favorite fruits are now in season! Peaches, specifically. Mmmmmm…..
When I was pregnant with my second son, I craved hand pies like they were going out of style.
Today’s recipe honors those hungry pregnancy days and summer’s fresh fruits! Peach hand pies for the win, folks.
Get the easy recipe below!
Summer fruits in a deliciously sweet iced hand pie. Easy to make and oh so yummy!
Yield: 1 dozen
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Unroll the 2 pie crusts and place
on a level workspace for 5-10 minutes before cutting into pieces. You want the pie dough to be at room temperature before using.
3. Pour the peach pie filling into a bowl and cut up the peach slices into smaller pieces so they will fit into the hand pies.
4. Add the cinnamon to the pie filling and stir well to incorporate. Set aside while cutting the dough.
5. Once at room temperature, use a 4-inch cookie cutter or biscuit cutter and cut out 6 circles from each pie dough (total of 12).
6. Place the 12 mini pie crusts on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Place 1 Tablespoon of the pie filling into the middle of each mini pie crust. Try to be exact by using an actual Tablespoon. If you add more than that, you will not be able to fold over the crust.
8. Fold each mini pie crust in half and pinch the edges closed. Use the tines of a fork to press down and seal.
9. Use a knife to poke two small holes into the middle of each hand pie.
10. Brush the beaten egg white on the top of each hand pie and bake for 15 minutes.
11. For the glaze, add the powdered sugar and milk to a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
12. Remove peach hand pies from oven and place the cookie sheet on a wire each to cool for 5 minutes.
23. After 5 minutes of cooling, dip the warm peach hand pies into the glaze, covering each pie entirely. Place back on the lined cookie sheet to completely cool.