What Mama Wore – Everyday Look
If you follow me on Instagram, you have probably seen my “what mama wore” images that I post occasionally. (i.e. when I actually dress myself) Well, it seems that many of you are interested in where my pieces of clothing are from, so I decided to dissect my outfits for you.
Today’s edition is a look that you can wear out shopping with the kids, a casual day at work, or just out with friends. It is the “Everyday Look”.
I love the masculine look of this outfit. Here is the breakdown:
- Simple Tank. Just an inexpensive tank top that I picked up from Target a couple years ago. Any tank or cami will do. If you want the option to take off the blazer, make sure that the tank is in decent shape first. note: Target often has sales on their tank tops, so stock up on them when they do!
- Corduroy Blazer. I purchased this particular blazer at Old Navy around four years ago. Picking a neutral color will go further in your wardrobe, though I really, really want to own a bold colored blazer for something different.
- Boyfriend Jeans. A boyfriend jean can be difficult to pull off as they tend to be boxy and baggy, but I have found that pairing with a structured top seems to work. I purchased these boyfriend jeans a while back from my favorite brand, Free People.
- Chain Necklace. I have a confession – I rarely pay more than $10 for a piece of jewelry. (although I did splurge this week on a $16 necklace on sale from Craig’s Curious Emporium – worth it) I buy most of my jewelry from Forever 21, and although I cannot remember exactly there I picked up the chain necklace featured, it was most likely from there.
- Oxfords. I am asked about my oxfords ALL THE TIME and rightly so, they are amazing. They are from the Born brand and the most comfortable oxfords I have ever owned. I can pair them with almost every outfit.
And there you have it! Have questions or feedback for me? Leave a comment below!