Gluten Free Skillet Sausage Pasta Recipe
I make no bones about loving food here and on my social channels. I feature various recipes, both sweet and savory, from all walks of life. I embrace my foodie. If there’s one thing that I’ve learned in my time as a recipe creator, it’s that I’m willing to give all ingredients a chance. Even those that some may have judgements about, like gluten free foods.
In my household, we are fortunately free of the gluten allergy. I feel thankful that we are, but we do have family members and friends who aren’t so lucky. I want to cook for these loved ones, too!
I recently partnered with Barilla® and Aidells® on their gluten free offerings, which has really opened my eyes to the world of GF meal preparation. Below is a bit of information on each of the products that I’m writing about today.
– No Nitrites
– No Added Hormones
– All sausages are hand-crafted with real, hand-picked ingredients in small batches with care
– Fully cooked and ready in just 8-10 minutes: sauté or grill over medium heat or bake at 375
Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta
– #1 Gluten Free Pasta brand according to Nielsen
– Feel good about including Barilla Gluten Free in your favorite pasta dishes
– Certified gluten free
– No GMO ingredients
– Delicious blend of corn and rice
– Classic pasta taste and texture
My assignment? Make a delicious recipe with these products, with a final gluten free result. Though my family doesn’t require gluten free meals, I thought it would be a great experiment to gather their reactions to a GF meal nonetheless. So, I stopped by my local Target (pretty much my favorite place to shop ever), and grabbed some Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta (Penne, specifically) and Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage to whip up something delicious for dinner.
I adore one-skillet recipes, especially on nights when I really don’t want to dirty up more than one pan, but still want a hearty and yummy dinner. Luckily for me, pasta and sausage are the PERFECT ingredients for one-skillet recipes!
What I ended up creating was not only a new family favorite, but was completely free of gluten and they didn’t even know it. I’m a wizard like that. 🙂
I hope you enjoy the recipe! Check it out below.
Gluten Free Sillet Sausage Pasta
- 12 oz Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta (I used penne for this recipe)
- 12 oz Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 8oz tomato sauce
- 12 oz water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- optional: 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes for heat
- Cook Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta to al dente, then set to the side.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until hot, then add sliced Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage. Cook until slightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- Add all vegetables to skillet and cook until soft. Add sausage back to skillet, then add wine.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and water (add red pepper flakes, if desired). Simmer for 10-15 minutes, then add pasta.
- Top with fresh parmesan cheese and serve!
This recipe is a great go-to for those busy days when you just don’t feel like making a big production in the kitchen, but your family won’t know the difference. Trust me on this.
The pasta tastes like real pasta. No joke. My family didn’t bat an eye at it! The sausage is flavorful and give the dish an amazing flavor. Yum!
Have you tried cooking gluten free yet? I encourage you to #EmbraceYourFoodie with Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta and Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage by picking up these products the next time you’re at Target (which is probably any day now), too. Check Cartwheel for deals on these products, too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.