Halloween Fudge “In The Raw”
With Halloween right around the corner, I’m starting to get that oh so familiar toothache that comes when I think about all of the candy and sweet and sugar that get consumed this time of year.
Trick-or-treating comes with the season, of course, and if you have young kids, you might find yourself eating more of the treats than they are. (It’s ok, we all know it happens!) We love using sweeteners from the In The Raw® family, such as Sugar In The Raw®, Agave In The Raw®, Stevia In The Raw®, and Monk Fruit In The Raw®.
Take a peek below to see how I made my favorite Halloween fudge using Monk Fruit In The Raw® in place of sugar! It’s delicious!
Halloween Fudge with Monk Fruit In The Raw®
Yield: 9x13" pan, about 50 pieces
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes + 1 hour cooling time
4 cups Monk Fruit In The Raw®
1 large can evaporated milk (12 oz)
1 cup butter
2 large Hershey Chocolate Candy Bars (they are about 4.4 oz each)
1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
1 7 oz jar marshmallow cream
1. Put the Monk Fruit In The Raw®, milk and butter into a large sauce pan.
2. Stir it all together over medium high heat. Bring it to a boil while you continue stirring. Once the mixture has reached a "hard boil" (this means it keeps boiling, even while you are stirring) continue cooking for 5 minutes while you stir.
3. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the Hershey Chocolate Bars, chocolate chips and marshmallow cream. Mix it well so that all the ingredients are well combined. Note: At this point I tend to add only the chips and candy bars and stir very, very well until all the chips are melted. I have even had to turn the heat back on for just a minute or two to get the last of the chips melted. Then I removed from heat and added the marshmallow cream.
4. Pour the fudge into a buttered 9"x13" pan.
5. Let the fudge set and cool for about 1 hour. After it has cooled down you can cover the pan with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. If it still soft to the touch, simply put it in the fridge for 20 minutes before slicing. It also freezes really well.
Note: If not eating right away, wrap it tightly. (I keep mine wrapped in plastic wrap and inside of a container)
Try making your own favorite Halloween recipes with sweeteners from the In The Raw® family. Click here to find out where you can get Monk Fruit In The Raw® Bakers Bag & Monk Fruit In The Raw® Packets at a store near you.
You can also catch up with the brand on Facebook and Twitter. Check them out for even more fun recipes ideas!