Heading to Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa in Vermont! #momsparklifelist #partner
Disclosure: I received resort accommodations, spa treatments, some meals and balloon ride in return for this post. Thoughts are my own. Read Mom Spark’s full disclosure here.
Last year, I put together a real life list. The list contained various items, like “eat at In-N-Out Burger” (don’t ask) to “ride in a hot air balloon” and visit “all 50 US states.” Typical life list, you know, more or less. (well, maybe not the In-N-Out Burger part)
Well, a month or so after posting this life list, I received communications from the Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa in Stowe, Vermont, offering to not only host a stay for myself and a guest, but to make one of my list life wishes come true – riding in a hot air balloon. Oh, and to visit a new state – Vermont! (number 26)
After I closed my jaw, I responded with a big, fat “YES” and began to learn more about the Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa. (and what the heck the hot air balloon ride had to do with it)
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
The AAA four-diamond Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, located in the heart of Stowe, VT, features 120 guest rooms and suites and 58 townhouses, the 50,000-square-foot Spa at Stoweflake, recognized by Conde Nast Traveler and Fodor’s Travel as a Top Resort Spa in the U.S., a nine-hole par three and 18-hole championship golf courses; and Charlie B’s Pub & Restaurant.
Stoweflake Celebrates 27th Annual Hot Air Balloon Festival
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa will celebrate the 27th anniversary of the Stoweflake Hot-Air Balloon Festival July 12-14, 2013.
Voted a Top Ten Event of Vermont, the three-day festival offers not only a great photo opportunity of more than 25 brilliant balloons amid the Green Mountains scenery, but also an array of exciting activities for attendees:
- Take over the sky with 25 other balloonists – Attendees can lift up with the other 25+ balloonists with their own hot-air balloon ride priced at $275 per person, plus tax (advanced reservations are required.)
- Stay down to earth – For the less adventurous, tethered rides are available for $10 per person (no reservations needed.)
- Soak up the scenery, food and festivities – Guests enjoy the views from below with a children’s corner featuring a variety of activities, live entertainment, delicious food and a beer and wine garden. The views of the morning launches are complimentary for all visitors; admission for the evening festival events is $10 and children 12 and under is admitted for free.
Stoweflake Celebrates 50 Years with Amazing Discount!
This summer, Stoweflake rates start at $199.00 per room, per night now through September 2013, plus guests enjoy:
- $50 Resort Credit — Good toward the resort’s award-winning Spa at Stoweflake, and Charlie B’s Pub & Restaurant.
- Bonus $50, 25-minute spa treatments (a 33% savings!), anytime a full-priced, 50-minute spa service is purchased.
- Room Upgrades — For guests celebrating 50th birthdays or anniversaries this summer
So, what will I be doing during my stay? I’ll be tasting the Stoweflake fare, enjoying spa treatments, taking in the beautiful grounds and, of course, riding in a hot air balloon. Be prepared for a slew of photos and videos next week! Follow me on my journey to Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
For more information or reservations, visit www.stoweflake.com or call 1.800.253.2232.
Disclosure: I received resort accommodations, spa treatments, some meals and balloon ride in return for this post. Thoughts are my own. Read Mom Spark’s full disclosure here.Go behind-the-scenes of Mom Spark by following us on Snapchat at "momsparkblog".