Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe
This recipe comes from my mom. It utilizes some shortcuts, like a roaster chicken and frozen broccoli spears. It is ultra comforting and a delicious meal I loved growing up. If you would like to lighten it up, by all means feel free to use lower in fat alternatives.
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Yield: 6 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 boxes broccoli spears
1 roaster chicken, chicken pieces removed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can mayo (use empty cream of chicken soup can)
1 tsp. paprika
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
1 c. dried breadcrumbs
1. Spray a 9“x13” baking dish.
2. Thaw and drain broccoli spears in a colander. Place in bottom of baking dish.
3. Tear apart roaster chicken. Add chicken pieces on top of broccoli.
4. Mix cream of chicken soup with mayo and paprika. Spread on chicken. Top with cheese.
5. Melt butter in skillet and add dried breadcrumbs. Mix. Toast in pan until butter is melted and incorporated.
6. Add breadcrumb mixture to top of cheese.
7. Bake at 350-f degrees for 30 minutes.
Recipe from my mom!