Easy Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe
My recipe for Chicken Pesto Pizza has got to be one of my most popular recipes. It tastes wonderful and impresses everyone who tries it. What is most great about it though, is how easy it is to make.
I utilize pre-made pizza dough from a local chain, Papa Murphy’s. It comes already rolled out on a disposable baking dish for $3 / large. You can make your own dough or buy an already baked dough, if you prefer. I have tried all three options and I liked the taste, texture and ease of buying the dough from Papa Murphy’s.
Now that you are set on the dough, all you have to do is grab a few more ingredients and you are ready to roll.
Chicken Pesto Pizza
Yield: 4 servings
1 large pizza dough, rolled out
2 cups chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
1/3-1/2 cup pesto
1/8-1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
1 cup 5-Italian blend shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450-f degrees. Place dough on pizza pan.
2. Mix chicken and pesto. Add chicken to pizza, leaving 1 inch border around pizza.
3. Sprinkle sun dried tomatoes over pizza. Sprinkle cheese over pizza.
4. With your fingers or a basting brush, apply light layer of olive oil to 1 inch border around pizza.
5. Cook for 18-22 minutes, until crust is browned and dough is cooked through. (All ovens vary, use your best judgment) Let sit 5 minutes then cut.
Recipe by Jam Hands.