Easy Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe
I utilize pre-made pizza dough from a local chain, Papa Murphy’s. It comes already rolled out on a disposable baking dish for $3 / large. You can make your own dough or buy an already baked dough, if you prefer. I have tried all three options and I liked the taste, texture and ease of buying the dough from Papa Murphy’s.
Now that you are set on the dough, all you have to do is grab a few more ingredients and you are ready to roll.
Chicken Pesto Pizza
Yield: 4 servings
1 large pizza dough, rolled out
2 cups chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
1/3-1/2 cup pesto
1/8-1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
1 cup 5-Italian blend shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450-f degrees. Place dough on pizza pan.
2. Mix chicken and pesto. Add chicken to pizza, leaving 1 inch border around pizza.
3. Sprinkle sun dried tomatoes over pizza. Sprinkle cheese over pizza.
4. With your fingers or a basting brush, apply light layer of olive oil to 1 inch border around pizza.
5. Cook for 18-22 minutes, until crust is browned and dough is cooked through. (All ovens vary, use your best judgment) Let sit 5 minutes then cut.
Recipe by Jam Hands.