Perfect Fudgy Brownies Recipe
Over the years I have tried many recipes for fudgy brownies, never finding the perfect recipe. My search is over with this simple recipe that I found at Cookies & Cups, a wonderful dessert blog. It has a great balance of sweetness to it. Not overly sweet but not too bitter either. This is due to the mix of milk chocolate and semi sweet chocolate chips.
Take care to not overbake the brownies. Knowing your oven is key to baking. For instance, my oven is quite tempermental. It runs much too hot and I am at a very high altitude. So knowing my oven, I adjust the temperature down, and I bake for about 1/4 time less than what a recipe calls for, checking for the perfect doneness quite a bit.
Many thanks to Cookies & Cups for this amazing recipe. My search for the perfect fudgy brownie is now over. Enjoy!
Perfect Fudgy Brownies
Yield: 24 servings
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray generously with cooking spray.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk both sugars into the chocolate mix. Add in eggs, one at a time and then add vanilla. Whisk until combined.
4. Stir in flour and salt until evenly incorporated and pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes until center is set and a toothpick placed 2 inches away from edge comes out clean.
6. Let brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.