Sambazon’s New Protein and Supergreens Smoothies
In my 36 years of life, I have tried several healthy shakes and smoothies. It is rare that I come across a brand that can balance the good stuff with a yummy flavor. Some are just too grainy or “grassy” (as I like to say) for my liking.
Sambazon, the first company to bring the Acai superfood to North American, recently reached out to me to review their new Chocolate Almond Coconut Milk Protein Superfood Smoothie and Supergreens Superfood Smoothie. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical of these smoothies since I have had bad experiences in the past, but I was pleasantly surprised!
Here is a little info on each smoothie:
Chocolate Almond Coconut Milk Protein Superfood Smoothie
- Vegan organic, whole-food protein and omega-rich acai will keep you full longer while helping to build lean muscle.
- Ultimate in healthy decadence – rich-tasting with whole-food protein but won’t leave you feeling weighed down.
- Why? Health experts know that protein is an important component of healthy eating and the 10 grams per bottle is the right amount to build lean muscle and stay full, which is also helpful for weight loss.
Supergreens Superfood Smoothie
- Bio-available (read vegan, non-GMO) nutrient-rich blend of six greens including grasses, kale and sea greens plus a hint of ginger with the sweet flavors of acai, mango and bananas.
- Two servings of fruits & vegetables per bottle.
- Perfect on-the-go snack or light meal.
Of the two smoothies, the Chocolate Almond Coconut Milk Protein Smoothie was my favorite. The taste was sweet, chocolatey and made a nice light breakfast for me. I loved the combination of the coconut milk and almonds as well.
The Supergreens Superfood Smoothie was very different from the Chocolate Almond Coconut Milk Smoothie in that it was packed with greens and had a noticeable flavor of ginger. Although it was different, it had a pleasant, fresh flavor that would make a nice snack for those mid-afternoon slumps. I could definitely taste the healthy greens in this one.
More on Sambazon:
- First smoothie/drink brand to feature a full suite of certifications including organic, fair trade, non-GMO, vegan, gluten free and B Corporation.
- Overall greens and protein categories are growing as consumers look for health and weight management options and Sambazon offers new, superHEALTHY, superTASTY products with the certification suite (as described above).
- Committed to helping people achieve “SUPERwellness” whilst caring for farmers, employees and the planet.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Sambazon, but thoughts are my own. Read Mom Spark’s full disclosure here.
If you enjoyed this post, follow us on Facebook for more goodness.