SANUS Promotes TV Safety #tvsafety
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED. Congrats to Eileen R.!
I will never forget the day my oldest son started pulling up on the couch. At only 7 months, he was climbing on anything he could, making me a nervous wreck! Everything changed after that.
As most inexperienced new parents, my husband and I “babyproofed” our home to the best of our abilities, but we didn’t think of everything. For example, our television. It sat in our entertainment center unsecured. Fortunately, nothing bad happened, but it could have.
During this time of year, many families rush out and purchase new televisions before the big Super Bowl game, but don’t consider the safety issues. Unsecured flat-panel televisions can pose a huge risk to children when the devices are not secured. The tiniest bump could cause a TV to fall upon a child, potentially causing major injuries. In fact, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) revealed that an estimated 18,900 people are treated in the ER every year due to injuries from tipping TVs and a child is killed every three weeks from TV instability.
So, what can families do to prevent televisions from tipping over? Fortunately, SANUS offers wall mounts for flat-screen televisions, which is the most secure way to avoid injury from TV tip-overs. SANUS wall mounts are easy to install and provide peace of mind for parents and families.
GIVEAWAY! – GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.
One lucky Mom Spark reader will win a SANUS TV Mount* for their flat screen tv (valued at $100-$150). *Reader will need to present TV Brand & Model number.
HOW TO ENTER (mandatory)
- To enter this giveaway, please leave us a comment, telling us why it is important to secure televisions. Giveaway ends…. USA residents only. Good luck!
EARN UP TO SEVEN EXTRA ENTRIES! (optional)
You can earn extra entries by doing the following, leaving a comment for each:
- Follow @MomSpark on Twitter. (mention in comment)
- Follow us on Pinterest. (mention in comment)
- Follow us on Instagram. (mention in comment)
- Subscribe to our newsletter. (mention in comment)
- Subscribe to Mom Spark. (mention in comment)
- Become a forum member. (mention in comment)
- Tweet daily about this giveaway (leave a comment for each):
Disclosure: I was compensated for this blog post. Thoughts are my own. Read Mom Spark’s full disclosure here.Go behind-the-scenes of Mom Spark by following us on Snapchat at "momsparkblog".