Take Back Opening Day With Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
Are you a baseball fan? If so, you may remember when Opening Day (unofficial national afternoon off) was a HUGE deal.
These days, it seems as if this special day has been long forgotten. Perhaps it was due to the takeover social media or life just moving too fast. Whatever the reason, Kingsford and legend catcher Johnny Bench want to take back Opening Day.
In honor of Opening Day, I wanted to share one of my favorite hot dog recipes we have here on Mom Spark, which is perfect for whipping up on the first day of baseball season!
It’s wrapped in bacon. It’s filled with cheese. It’s covered in bbq sauce. Friends, you’re going to love this hot dog.
Grab the recipe below!
Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Hot Dogs
Yield: as many as you want!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- hot dogs
- any cheese
- bacon (one slice per hot dog)
- bbq sauce (enough to baste each hot dog)
- hot dog buns
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees. (you can also warm up the bbq for grilling, too!)
2. Slice hot dog lengthwise, halfway down, to prepare for stuffing.
3. Stuff with any cheese.
4. Wrap hot dog with one slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
5. Baste hot dog with bbq sauce.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is browned and cheese is bubbling.
7. Add hot dog to a bun and enjoy!
Are you drooling yet?
Let’s take back Opening Day, friends. Kingsford has created a petition to take back Opening Day that all baseball fans and sports enthusiasts can take part in. Click here to learn more and sign the petition.
Now, let’s play ball and eat hot dogs!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford. The opinions and text are all mine.