Easy Mexican Salsa Dip Recipe
This time of year is HUGE for NBA fans like myself, because the playoffs are in full action! We find ourselves hosting more parties with friends, or sometimes just the four of us. I am always trying to find new snack foods to serve during our parties and chips and dip are always a big crowd favorite. (who doesn’t love to dip?)
- 1 28oz can whole tomatoes (fire-rosted is a plus, but not necessary)
- 2 10z cans diced tomatoes and chilis (I used mild for this recipe)
- 1 whole jalapeno, diced (if you like your salsa mild, you will want to leave out seeds/membranes)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp lime
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- This recipe makes a LOT of salsa, so you will want to use a 12 cup food processor. If you need to, cut the recipe in half for a smaller portion. Throw all ingredients into a food processor.
- Pulse until you receive desired texture. I pulsed around 10 times to get a smoother, less chunky texture.