DIY Cereal Box Easter Basket
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? Having a good breakfast sets you up for your busy day. I like all breakfast foods, but one of my favorite ways to start the day is with a bowl of Fruity or Cocoa Pebbles. It wakes me up and provides a burst of creative energy!
In fact, my last bowl of Pebbles cereal inspired me to make this adorable Easter basket out of the boxes!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3 Pebbles cereal boxes, empty
- hot glue gun
- Empty cereal boxes and fold flat.
2. Cut off the “flaps” (the ends) of each box.
3. Open each box’s seam (on the side of each box that is glued) and lay flat. Using a ruler and pencil, create strips one-inch wide until all 3 boxes are cut into strips.
4. Start weaving! There are no rules here, just keep weaving until you create the shape and size you desire, making sure the weave is tight. Using a hot glue gun to secure pieces.
5. Use one strip to create a handle, gluing on each side of the basket to secure. Fill with whatever you like!
All of the new Pebbles varieties provide so much fun that they just naturally lend themselves to this craft. You can use this basket as storage in your kitchen, playroom, kid’s room, or office as a fun way to capture odds and ends. You could even use it in your pantry to snacks!
Clearly, for me, enjoying a bowl of Fruity or Cocoa Pebbles opens up a world of creative possibilities – what will you do after you finish your bowl?
This post was sponsored, but all ideas are my own.