DIY “SING” Movie Easter Candy Jars
This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
I loved the movie SING!
In case you missed it in the theaters, SING stars Academy Award® winner Matthew McConaughey as Buster Moon, an eternally optimistic koala who puts on the world’s greatest singing competition to save his crumbling theater; Academy Award® winner Reese Witherspoon as Rosita, an overworked and unappreciated mother of 25 piglets desperate to unleash her inner diva; Scarlett Johansson as Ash, a punk rock porcupine with a beautiful voice behind her prickly exterior; Taron Egerton as Johnny, a young gangster gorilla looking to break free of his family’s felonies; as well as Seth MacFarlane, John C. Reilly, and Grammy Award-nominated Tori Kelly.
Obviously, the movie had a great cast and great music, but for me, the best parts were the messages about following your dreams and stepping outside your comfort zone. I really found myself relating to Meenah (who is very shy) and Rosita (who is overwhelmed with parenting).
Both characters had to overcome believable situations to reach their dreams. It’s perfect that the Blu-ray release of SING is in stores now, just in time for Easter, because it will make a great addition to any Easter basket or present. The Blu-ray will include over 60-minutes of bonus content and has three all-new entertaining mini movies featuring the cast from SING as well as an exclusive Tori Kelly music video and a variety of musical extras.
While it’s a great gift on its own, but I’m going to be combining my gift of the DVD with these cute Easter Jars.
WHAT YOU NEED
- SING figurines
- 6 small glass jars with lids
- acrylic craft paint (any colors you wish)
- wrapped Easter candy
- shiny Easter grass filler
- fine glitter (any colors you wish)
- small paint brush
- high-temp glue gun
- 1-2 glue sticks
- Mod Podge (matte)
- glass and bead glue
HOW TO MAKE
- Paint jar lids with desired colors. Continue to add coats until each lid is well covered. Let dry.
- While lids are drying, careful cover each figurine base (the brown base they are standing on) with Mod Podge, then sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- When lids and figures are fully dry, glue figures to lids using glass and bead glue. Let dry.
- While glue is drying, add Easter grass to the bottom of each jar, then fill with candy.
- Add dry lid to each jar and give to your loved ones!
To make the jars more fun, I’ll be making the toppers different characters from SING. This would also be a great idea for a SING themed birthday party favor.
I love when movies work on multiple levels for everyone in the family and I can’t wait to enjoy SING again at home with my little bunnies!
Have a happy Easter and make sure you pick up SING on Blu-ray in stores today!