The Easiest Slow Cooker Crock-Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
Last week, I posted a pic on Instagram of a slow cooker (need a new slow cooker?) whole chicken that I made and THE INTERWEBS WENT WILD. Though I did include the recipe on Instagram, I figured that it deserved a post all on its own. Are you following me on Instagram?
Watch the steps below or scroll down to print the recipe!
I actually tried this recipe for the first time this past Thanksgiving with a turkey breast, which I also (of course) posted on Instagram.
This also received raving feedback. I just knew that I had to try it again, but this time on a whole chicken. I assumed that it would perform the same as the turkey, but I wasn’t 100% sure. Would it create it’s own juice as before? Would it be just as flavorful and tender?
The answer was yes.
This chicken (and turkey) is the easiest and most delicious one that I have ever made. I seriously could not get over how yummy it was and the amount of juice that was created without any added. Another bonus was that it created a ton of leftovers for chicken salad, shredded chicken tacos and the most savory juice for gravy!
Okay, let’s just get on the recipe, shall we? 🙂
The Easiest Slow Cooker Crock-Pot Whole Chicken
Yield: 1 whole chicken
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours on low
- one whole chicken, thawed
- medium yellow onion
- head of garlic
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice yellow onion into fours and halve garlic head, then place on the bottom of slow cooker. Remove any bags of gizzards, etc. from inside of the chicken.
- Mix all dried spices in a small bowl and then sprinkle all around the chicken (top, bottom and sides). Place chicken on top of onion and garlic and throw in any fresh spices. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top of chicken, then cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. The vegetables and chicken will create it's own juice, but feel free to add a tiny bit of stock if you like.
Friends, make this chicken or turkey soon. You will be so impressed and never use the baking method again, I promise! Need a new slow cooker? CLICK HERE!
Also, if you like this recipe, please pin the image below. Thanks for reading!