Blog Conference Packing Must-Have Tips
Being well prepared at a blog conference will make your experience a smooth and satisfying one. There’s nothing more frustrating than finding yourself miles from home, thinking to yourself, “If only I’d known to bring an [insert much-needed item here]!!”. If you’re new to the wonderful world of blog conferences, you might be scratching your head, wondering what exactly should be filing your suitcase.
Here are a few of my choices for things you won’t want to be without at your next blog conference!
- Your camera of choice! After all, you’re going to need those pics for future posts, right?
- Your favourite brand of notebook/pens for mad gal style inspiration and note-taking.
- Some sort of gel insoles for your shoes. Your feet will thank you.
- Business cards! And a place to store them PLUS a place for the ones you’ll be collecting during any conference. It’s all about networking.
- Your smartphone of choice. For quick pics on the go, your schedule (but also keep a paper copy just in case), and connecting with new friends.
- Power cords, extension cords, power bars, chargers. You’ll save yourself a lot of grief, and you’ll be able to help out those around you too! Karma!
- Keep some gum on hand for those busy moments when you have just indulged in your third coffee, or that too-goo-to-pass-up garlic bread. You want people you remember you by something other than your breath 😉
What are your blog conference must-haves?