Fashion Friday: What Should I Wear To A Blog Conference?
Blissdom, BlogHer, Mom 2.0, Bloggy Bootcamp, Alt Summit, Type-A Parent. No matter which blog conferences you’ve got booked this year, one of the biggest questions we get asked is… What do I wear??
Everyone wants to look their best for a blog conference. Whether you’re there to make connections with brands, network with other bloggers, or just to meet the folks you’ve been reading about for months or even years. So, here are some looks that’ll have you well on your way to supreme blog-style success at your first, second, or tenth blogging conference!
OUTFIT NO. 1
Travel in style, but always keep comfort in mind.
OUTFIT NO. 2
Perfect for attending talks, sessions, speeches, and seminars.
OUTFIT NO. 3
For meeting sponsors at a breakfast/lunch event, press room, media event, or expo.
OUTFIT NO. 4
Party time! Need I say more?
- Research the weather of wherever it is you’re going to be staying. Rainy? Will it be humid and hot? Is snow going to ruin your plans for cute, strappy shoes? No matter where you’re headed, if you’ve never been, start watching The Weather Network like a hawk, so you won’t find yourself poorly packed upon arrival.
- Hang ALL of your clothing as soon as you get to the hotel to defy wrinkle-dom!
- When you’re packing your clothes, roll as much as possible to create more room, and call ahead to ask about dry clean service at your hotel, or if the room comes with an iron — if you’re wrinkly, I guarantee you’ll be grumpy!
- Bring your cutest MOST comfortable shoes! Trust me, your feet will thank you. Spring for some of those cushy, gel inserts too — love them, and you won’t be sobbing, soaking your feet in the tub at the end of the day.
- Bring more than you think you’ll need so you have choice. If it’ll fit in your suitcase, toss it in!
- Have fun with the jewelry you bring, but keep it casual when it comes to tossing in your favourite diamond studs. It’s always better to play it safe with the $$$ pieces when you’re away from home.
- Don’t WORRY about what to wear. Dress comfortably, thoughtfully, and simply — you’ll be fabulous, I promise!
Do you have any blog conference style tips? Share your words of wisdom in the comments, ladies!
Get more conference wear ideas by visiting Mom Spark’s “Conference Wear” Pinterest board!
Click here for your ultimate 2013 Blogging Conference Schedule.
Check out Mom Spark’s guide to all official & unofficial BlogHer’13 parties!