10 Rad Ways To Braid Your Hair
I always know it’s time to get my hair trimmed when I find myself tossing it into a boring ponytail day after day. I get annoyed with my bangs, my long locks (especially in these last hot days of summer) make my head feel sweaty, and I just want to try something different. As Autumn begins to sneak up on us, I start to think about ways to handle my hair, since I know the dry frizzy season is just around the bend. I love having long hair, and I honestly find it easier to manage than when I had short hair, but I do like to find new ways to make it behave!
Today I want to share 10 funky ways to braid your hair this Fall. These ideas are cute, fairly simple, easy to dress up, and with a tiny bit of practice, won’t add an hour to your morning routine. Take a look!
10 Rad Ways To Braid Your Hair
01. The Mermaid Tail Braid: Thanks to this tutorial from A Cup Of Jo, we can all feel a little bit like we’re straight out of a fairy tale. Plus, it’s not even that tricky to pull off!
02. The Milkmaid Braid: This has alway been a big favourite of mine. We sometimes call them “Heidi Braids” at our house and my daughter loves when I do them in her hair too! The clever folks at The Huffington Post shared this awesome video. Take a peek!
03. The Five Minute Updo: I adore this funky style from Hair And Makeup By Steph. It features tiny braids on either side, with a casual look
04. Simple Elegance: I love this little modification to a simple straight braid. This style would be perfect for thick hair too, which can be tricker to work into tiny braids, but would easily adapt to this updo. Thanks to the Hairstyling Housewife for this idea.
05. The French Braid Bun: Once Wed takes two of my favourite hairstyles and combines them into one for this sweet style that’d not only rock your date night, but is also gorgeous enough to walk you down the aisle. Beautiful!
06. Side Ponytail With Micro Braids: I think this cute style from Yet Another Beauty Site is the perfect blend of simplicity and cuteness. I’m all for the effortless style with a hint of something special.
07. A Summer Braid: Messier hairstyles are synonymous with summertime, but I think this one will play well into the cooler months too. Not only is it simple to pull of, but if you’re having a less than fantastic hair day to begin with, this style from Treasures & Travels is one ‘do that’ll help you mask any bedhead or bad haircuts! Phew!
08. The Gossip Girl Braid: Love the braid, but don’t want to go all out and braid your entire head? Try this cute style from Twist Me Pretty. Me likey.
09. The Brisk Braid Wrap: Braid it up, wrap it ’round. I love styles like this — they hide all manner of messiness, and they are perfect for when you’re trying to run out the door in a rush. (Shh, that never happens!) Find out how to do this one over at Bayside Bride.
10. Zipper Braid With A Bun: This funky style from Hairdresser On Fire is for when you’re “in a hairry” which makes me giggle because I live for a good pun, eh? Check out how quickly she rocks this cute ‘do!
Hope you find a style your love, friends! Get your braid on this Autumn and enjoy! Plus, after wearing a braid for a day (or even overnight) you get the added bonus of soft waves the morning after. Just be sure to comb gently or just scrunch some styling mousse in your locks — if you brush your hair after taking out your braids, you’ll be left with a rather fluffy head!