Easy Blueberry Crumb Bars Recipe
Something about these Blueberry Crumb Bars struck me as old fashioned. Simple, yet delicious.
I kept mine in the fridge to cool before cutting into squares. I put them back in the fridge and served them cold, which to me was far better tasting than serving at room temperature. Enjoy!
Blueberry Crumb Bars
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and cinnamon, if desired. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the shortening and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
3. In another bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Allrecipes.com and Jam HandsAll images and text ©