Easy Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
Peanut butter rice krispies with a dunk in melted chocolate to finish it off. They are deliciously addictive!
Rice Krispy Treats are a classic childhood dessert. It was a special night in our house when mom pulled out the ingredients to make a batch, and you can bet they were gone by the next day. I wanted to jazz up the classic recipe so I went on a recipe search.
Up came this recipe that included peanut butter in the krispy mix, with a dunk in melted chocolate to finish it off. They are deliciously addictive.
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter, plus more for dish
- 10 ounces jumbo marshmallows
- 3/4 cup creamy common brand peanut butter (recommended: Jif or Skippy)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal recommended: Rice Krispies
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large pot. Stir in the marshmallows and cook until fully melted and no marshmallow white remains. Stir in the peanut butter until combined. Stir in the cereal until distributed evenly through the marshmallow mixture. Pour out onto a lightly greased rectangular baking dish (9" x 13"). Smooth out the top of the treats by moistening your hands with a little water and using the palms of your hand to press down gently. Don't press down too hard or else your treats will be too dense. Set aside to cool.
- Once the treats have cooled, melt the chocolate over low heat. Cut the treats into even squares and quickly just shallowly dip the top side of the treats into the chocolate. Turn chocolate side up and set in a baking dish or on a rack until set. (I gently flipped my batch of treats over onto themselves to create the extra thick rice krispies treats shown above.)
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.