Pumpkin Muffins With Vanilla Bourbon Glaze Recipe
If you take one quick peek through Pinterest or Facebook these days, you’re going to see delicious looking recipes for holiday-themed goodies — and as it’s just the beginning of November right now, it’s only going to get more and more tempting as the weeks go on. Recipes for fudge, chocolate bark, cakes, pies, cookies, and more — they all want to be made and enjoyed and sometimes it’s hard to say no to their deliciousness!
Have you started to think about your holiday baking and treat-making yet? With Thanksgiving coming up just around the corner many of you might be testing out recipes or compiling your baking supplies list for the big day.
This year, since so many sweet and delicious options are swooping through my mind right now, I knew I needed to find a way to cut out some of the white sugar. So many recipes, especially during the holidays, call for cups upon cups of sugar and though they taste AMAZING, I know that once I get going with my holiday baking, I’ll start to feel a little anxious about the fact that so much sugar lives inside my cakes and chocolate and beyond.
In an effort to say goodbye to some of the white sugar in holiday treat-making, I’m going to be using Agave In The Raw®. Have you ever tried it? Made from the core of Mexico’s blue agave plant, Agave In The Raw is 25% sweeter than sugar which means a little goes a long, long way. It’s also gluten free and has a low glycemic index which makes for a seriously versatile sweetener — try it in your coffee, yogurt, baking, cooking, and more. If you’d originally use sugar in it, you can try Agave In The Raw!
Today I wanted to share a new recipe I whipped up using this delicious sugar stand-in. Keep reading to find out how you can make my Pumpkin Muffins With Vanilla Bourbon Glaze to wow the crowd at your Thanksgiving feast! Yum!
Pumpkin Muffins With Vanilla Bourbon Glaze
- 2 cups Agave In The Raw
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 c. canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cups water
- 1-½ tbsp bourbon (I used Elijah Craig)
- ½ cups butter
- 2 tbsp Agave In The Raw
- ⅛ teaspoons salt
- ⅓ cups heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Sift the flour and add salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl. Mix.
- Add eggs, oil, pumpkin, Agave In The Raw and water. Beat with a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add cupcake liners to a muffin pan and fill each one two-thirds full. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until muffins are baked through.
- While muffins are cooling, add all glaze ingredients to a medium saucepan over medium heat while continuously stirring. Cook for approximately 5-7 minutes, then pour over muffins (I used a wire rack over wax paper to cover each muffin).
Don’t they look DELICIOUS? And with so much less sugar than I’d usually use, I’ve cut back not only the calories but the guilt-factor! 😉 Try making your own favorite holiday recipes with Agave In The Raw! You can find more info PLUS great tips for sugar-to-agave conversions via intheraw.com — for example, in the place of 1 cup of sugar, you only need 2/3 cup of Agave In The Raw.
Click here to find out where you can get Agave In The Raw near you. Happy holidays!