Crockpot Slow Cooker Asian Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
// This post may contain affiliate links.
Is there anything better than the smell of dinner cooking low and slow in the Crock-pot? I say nope.
Read and print the recipe below:
Slow Cooker Asian Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 3 hrs
Total Time: 3 hrs 10 mins
Asian Honey Garlic Chicken made in the Crockpot slow cooked in a sweet and tangy sauce and then served over rice or noodles.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 pounds
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 scallions sliced thin, white and green divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, hoisin, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and the white parts only of the scallions.
- Pour the sauce mixture ontop of the chicken and cook for 2-3 hours on low. (Cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken. My chicken breasts were pretty small and took 2½ hours.)
- Meanwhile take 3 tablespoons of the liquid out of the slow cooker and pour into a small bowl. Whisk in the cornstarch until smooth and clump free. Slowly add this mixture to the liquid in the slow cooker and whisk until thickened.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and toss to coat it with the sauce.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish.