10 Ways To Use Olive Oil!
There’s an age old beauty and wellness tip that professes “olive oil, inside and out”, but aside from cooking and baking with it, I’ll admit I hadn’t ventured much further until rather recently. Today I wanted to share 10 great ways to include a little more of this amazingly versatile oil in your life! And, of course, for the best results, you want to reach for the cold press extra virgin variety.
10 Ways To Use Olive Oil!
01. Silence a squeaky hinge. Rub a little olive oil on a cloth, or cotton swab, and apply to the hinge that’s giving you trouble. Works perfectly every single time! Great for a squeaky baby’s room door, or a pesky kitchen cabinet.
02. Clean your face. Deep clean and moisturize with olive oil for radiant, smooth skin!
03. Soften your lips. Olive oil makes a fantastic lip moisturizer.
04. As a barrier for baby’s bum. Olive oil helps to keep away diaper rash and is soothing on the skin, keeping away water and irritants. Plus, it’s natural, so you’ll feel great about putting it on your baby’s skin.
05. To remove makeup. A little olive oil on a cotton ball helps you remove your makeup while being gentle on your skin.
06. As shaving cream. Use olive oil as a shave cream for super smooth skin and less nicks and cuts.
07. Repair a scratch in your leather furniture. Take a small amount of olive oil on a cloth and gently rub it into the scratched leather. Watch it disappear.
08. Strengthen your nails. Soak your nails in olive oil to boost the strength of your nails and improve their overall health and shine.
09. Freeze and preserve fresh herbs. Keep your favourite herbs on hand, and ready to pop into any recipe, by freezing them in an ice cub tray with olive oil. Store your cubes in a ziplock bag in the freezer.
10. Make an orange peel candle. Oranges and olive oil make for a quick and simple candle! Take 1/2 an orange peel, fill it with olive oil, and light the stem to burn with a delightful citrus scent!
Are you an olive oil lover? Share your favourite way to use it in the comments below!
Speaking of essential oils, Mom Spark has a great deal going on right now if you are interested in signing up with Young Living! You will not only receive a TON of freebies, but will be a part of an extremely active Mom Spark Oils team! Learn more here.
Désirée is the Canuck mama behind So Fawned Lifestyle. Blogger, social media wrangler, go-to girl. Living the life with her partner Rich and awesome daughter Gretchen, she spends her days typing and drinking copious amounts of tea, and watching Gilmore Girl reruns.