The Most Amazing Veggie Lasagna Recipe!
Autumn is here in full force, which means I’m craving all sorts of comfort foods. Do you get that way once the leaves start to change?
Even when things are rushed, I try to find time during the week to make meals that will bring the whole family together, so we have time to chat about our day and slow down during the evening. Our days get really busy as the weather cools down and everyone starts to think about the upcoming holiday season — but right now, we’re enjoying all of the gorgeous fall weather and some yummy, hearty pasta.
Want to check out the veggie lasagna I made this week? Keep reading and try it out for yourself!
Amazing Veggie Lasagna
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 zucchinis sliced then cut into fours
- 2 yellow squash sliced then cut into fours
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers drained and cut into small pieces (same size as veggies)
- 1 28 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- a handful of fresh basil leaves torn and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz ricotta cheese or cottage cheese I used ricotta
- 2 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Adding non-stick baking spray to a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to box directions, drain and set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, then add zucchini, squash, red pepper flakes and salt (to taste). Cook 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables start to brown.
- Add roasted red peppers and Bertolli Tomato and Basil sauce. Let simmer for 5-7 minutes, then add basil and season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Mix ricotta cheese, eggs and 1/2 tsp of salt to a mixing bowl until combined, set aside.
- Time to build the lasagna! Make a thin layer of veggie mixture on the bottom of the dish, layer with noodles (may take 3 or 4, depending on your dish shape), then ricotta cheese mixture, a layer of parmesan cheese, a layer of mozzarella cheese, more veggie mixture and continue building until ingredients run out, ending with mozzarella on top.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil (loosely) and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake another 15 minutes or until the lasagna starts to bubble. Place under a broiler to get a nice golden brown cheese on top!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.