Easy Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars Recipe
Cold weather makes me want to bake. Do you get that urge as the seasons turn from Autumn to the possibility of snow and ice? I’m craving comfort food and a wonderfully warm kitchen — thanks to my oven working hard to help me create delicious treats!
They are available in four different flavor combinations — milk chocolate morsels with caramel filling, milk chocolate morsels with peanut butter filling, dark chocolate morsels with mint filling and dark chocolate morsels with cherry-flavored filling. Yum!
Today I wanted to share my chocolate caramel cookie bar recipe that I made using the milk chocolate morsels with caramel filling. They disappeared quickly, that’s for sure!
Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate with Caramel Filling Baking Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Spread into non-stick 9x13 pan.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.