Christmas Tree Fresh Fruit Display
For a festive alternative to the same old fruit dish, try this adorable and delicious Christmas Fruit Tree Display!
Sprinkle a dose of holiday magic on your table with our fun and festive Christmas Tree Fresh Fruit Display! This fruity delight is a vibrant, edible masterpiece for your holiday table that’s as merry as it is tasty. Picture a festive tree adorned with colorful fruits, ready to bring joy to your gatherings. It’s a playful and healthy way to celebrate the season, making your table as cheerful as the festivities themselves. Let’s turn your holiday spread into a fruity winter wonderland!
Equipment for Christmas Fruit Tree
Ingredients for Christmas Fruit Display
- green grapes
- red grapes
How to Make Christmas Tree Fruit Platter
You start with a simple styrofoam cone, toothpicks, and a variety of fresh fruits. Cantaloupe cut with mini cookie cutters provides the decorations for this fruit tree. The styrofoam cone and mini cookie cutters can be found at most chain craft stores. Sizes vary, so get the appropriate size for the amount of fruit you are preparing.
A few tips: Start at the bottom of the tree and work your way up. I left the top of my tree unfinished until the very end so that I could hold down on the top of it while I was pushing in the toothpicks. Speaking of toothpicks, you may want to break some of them in half and insert the broken end into the styrofoam tree. This isn’t 100% necessary but I found it much easier for the smaller pieces of fruit. I positioned my toothpicks at a slightly upward angle so the fruit wouldn’t be sticking straight out.
To serve, be sure to get a small pair of tongs to set out on the platter so your guests can easily pick off the pieces of fruit.
Get and Print the Recipe
Christmas Tree Fruit Display
- green grapes washed
- red grapes washed
- kiwis peeled and sliced
- strawberries stems can be removed or left on, your preference
- cantaloupe cut in half, remove seeds, remove rind and slice
- blackberries washed
- 1 styrofoam cone they come in a variety of sizes, pick whichever size you like
- toothpicks lots of them
- mini cookie cutters stars, candy canes, gingerbread men, etc.
- Prepare all the fruit. Using the sliced cantaloupe, cut with the mini cookie cutters. Place prepared fruit in individual containers. On a large clear surface, set out all your containers of fruits along with a box of toothpicks and your styrofoam cone.
- Start with the strawberries and place all around the cone. Fill in with both colors of grapes, kiwi, and blackberries. At this point the cone tree should be mostly all filled in. Lastly come back in with the cantaloupe cutouts and add a star at the top of the tree. Place on a festive holiday dish and serve with small tongs on the side so people can easily get the fruit off the tree.