Copycat Applebee’s Maple Walnut Blondie Recipe
The maple blondies from Applebee’s are so delicious is known far and wide. Let me set the scene for you. A warm, gooey walnut blondie is topped with ice cream, then a luscious maple cream sauce is poured over the top.
Copycat Applebee's Maple Walnut Blondie Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cup packed brown sugar2 large egg
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2- ounce cream cheese 4 tablespoons, softened
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and walnuts. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and brown sugar with a mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture a little at a time until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips. Spread into the 8x8-inch pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center passes the toothpick test. (I took mine out at 35 minutes. If looked done on top but was gooey on the inside, which I like. Every oven varies so test it with a toothpick!)
- Serve warm with ice cream and Maple Butter Sauce.
For the Maple Butter Sauce:
- In a small bowl add the butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and maple syrup. Blend with a mixer until smooth.
- When ready to serve, heat the maple butter sauce for about 30 seconds in the microwave and pour over warmed blondie and ice cream.