Cream Cheese Flan Recipe for Cinco de Mayo
Cream Cheese Flan is a bit like a marriage of flan and cheesecake. A perfect ending to a big Cinco de Mayo meal.
I decided to go with a flan recipe with a twist this year. Cream Cheese Flan is a bit like a marriage of flan and cheesecake. I loved the taste and how simple it was. It is a perfect ending to a big Cinco de Mayo meal.
The recipe is below!
Cream Cheese Flan Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 14 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 12 fluid ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F and heat sugar in a small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and caramel colored. QUICKLY pour into bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, eggs and vanilla in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into the casserole dish (over the dissolved sugar).
- Place casserole in a 13x9-inch baking dish; fill baking dish with warm water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Remove flan from hot water. Cool at room temperature in casserole on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, run knife around rim; gently shake to loosen. If you are worried about it sticking, you can let the dish soak in a pan with about an inch of hot water to loosen the flan. It shouldn't take longer than 10-20 seconds to loosen.
- Invert onto your serving dish. I recommend doing this over the sink encase there is any splashing from the sugar topping as you invert the dish. Also have your apron on!