Mexican Street Corn Recipe for Cinco de Mayo
Mexican Street Corn is my new favorite side dish, especially for Cinco de Mayo. It is a very simple dish with corn rolled in yummy toppings.
Mexican Street Corn is my new favorite side dish, especially for Cinco de Mayo. It is a very simple dish, basically corn is prepared and then rolled in yummy toppings. What isn’t to love? Queso Fresco is a very mild cheese found in most grocery stores.
Mexican Street Corn Recipe
- 4 large ears corn Ours were already cut into smaller sections, probably thirds
- kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 cups Queso Fresco crumbled
- 4 Tbsp. fresh cilantro minced
- 4 tsp. Ancho chile powder
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 400-f degrees. Brush corn lightly with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 20-25 minutes. Alternatively you can grill or broil the corn.
- Working with one ear of corn at a time, brush with mayo. Roll the cob over the cheese and sprinkle with cilangro and Ancho chile powder, pressing the toppings into the corn so it adheres. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve with lime wedges.