Crispy “Everything” Kale Chips Recipe
Crispy “everything” kale chips that have the most amazing flavors of parmesan cheese, chives, onion powder, sesame seeds, and more!
Kale is a very popular food lately but I have held back on trying it. I’m not sure why. Perhaps because it seemed a little stale-looking and I doubted if I would enjoy the flavor.
I spotted this recipe for Crispy Everything Kale Chips at Food.com and it sounded perfect. It has a ton of yummy flavors going on. What is so great is that the recipe is very flexible so pick and choose whichever ingredients sound good to you. I happened to use all of them and it turned out great.
I had my doubts that my children would try it. Not only did my 5 year old try it, but she also declared it good and got herself a small bowl to eat. That is a big win for any recipe. Enjoy!
Crispy "Everything" Kale Chips Recipe
- 8 cups kale stems removed, chopped, washed and spin till almost dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves very thinly sliced (I subbed 1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt adding more if not using cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds optional
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seed optional
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chives chopped (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder optional
- Preheat oven to 300-f and place rack on lower level in oven.
- Mix the optional dry ingredients together. Mix and match to your liking or use all of them.
- Toss the kale, garlic with oil to coat then sprinkle dry ingredients over to coat evenly.
- Spread onto a baking sheet, and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until crispy and brown around the edges. Stirring gently 1/2 way through. (I used tongs which seemed easiest) If not crispy cook 5 more minutes till edges are lightly browned.