Mini Carrot Whoopie Pie Recipe
Carrot cake whoopie pies! So fun to make, and so fun to eat.
Grab the recipe below!
10 Whoopie pies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter - melted
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup carrots - grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, add the melted butter, oil, vanilla extract, grated orange peel and egg. Whisk to combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients and the grated carrots to the flour mixture. Mix well to incorporate.
5. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on the lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until done.
6. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
7. In a medium mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
8. Add the powdered sugar and beat for an additional minute on medium speed.
9. Cover the icing and chill for 20 minutes.
10. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the cooled cookies on the baking sheet with the flat sides facing up.
11. Place 1-2 Tablespoons of the icing on the flat side of 10 of the cookies. Place the remaining cookies on top, like a sandwich.
12. Serve immediately or keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
PIN THIS RECIPE BELOW!