Easy Carrot Cake Truffles Recipe
Is there really anything better than carrot cake with a tangy cream cheese frosting? Is there?
We say no way. Especially for Easter.
So, to honor the carrot cake this spring, we have put together a delicious recipe for carrot cake truffles that you are sure to love.
Grab the recipe below!
Carrot Cake Truffle Recipe
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10-12 baby carrots or 2 medium carrots finely grated
- 8 oz brick cream cheese softened
- 12 oz bag Wilton bright white candy melts
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 8x8 square baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oil, both sugars, eggs and vanilla. With an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until blended.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour and mix well to incorporate.
- Fold in the grated carrots.
- Pour the batter into your greased 8 x 8 pan and bake for 30-32 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the softened cream cheese to a medium mixing bowl.
- Using 2 forks, break the cake up into fine crumbs. Add the carrot cake crumbs to the cream cheese. Mix well to combine. (You may find it easier to just use your hands).
- Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on the lined cookie sheet. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Add the white candy melts to a double boiler pan under medium heat. Stir occasionally until completely melted and smooth. Transfer to a small mixing bowl for easier dipping.
- Place each carrot cake truffle into the melted white chocolate and coat evenly. You might find it easier to insert a toothpick into each ball and roll it around the chocolate to coat.
- Transfer each truffle back to the lined cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle with chopped pecans before the chocolate hardens (or the pecans will just slide off).
- Chill for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to completely harden.
- *Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
PIN THIS RECIPE!