Mint Irish Cream Truffles Recipe
A crisp chocolate shell with a base of mint chocolate chip cookies and cream cheese gives these truffles a decadently rich texture.
guest post by Living the Gourmet
St. Patrick’s Day ushers in Spring with waves of shocking green alongside mountains of hardy food and rivers of drink. As if releasing all of the pent up energy stored over the winter months, parades of good-naturedly raucous crowds flood the city streets, either proclaiming their Irish pride or joining in for the party, eager for any reason to celebrate. St. Patrick’s Day proudly goes without the formal fuss or overwrought, rigid traditionalism of some of the year’s other feasts, and for precisely that reason it’s among one of the most beloved. It’s welcoming in its simplicity, and refreshing in its “have fun for fun’s sake” aura.
However, this year I wanted to put a slightly different twist on things, while still maintaining the spirit of the day. I wanted to prove that simplicity need not go without elegance, and that elegance could be achieved without hours of complicated fuss. To compliment my other Spring themed items, I decided to usher in this year’s St. Patrick’s Day with a treat that’s as simple as it is delicious, and as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palette.
St. Patrick’s Day-themed mint-chocolate truffles with a hint of Irish cream.
Beneath a crisp chocolate shell, a base of mint chocolate chip cookies and cream cheese give these truffles a decadently rich texture, with a sweetness that bursts against the palette carried on bands of cool mint. To add an extra layer of presentation, these truffles are lashed with white chocolate and then dusted with green sugar. Served chilled or frozen, these are a versatile item, equally appropriate for being served casually, or arranged as a dessert centerpiece.
This was our twist on St. Patrick’s Day this year, and we would love to hear how you’re spending your St. Patrick’s Day, or what special recipes or traditional items you’ll be cooking up.
GET THE RECIPE BELOW:
Mint Irish Cream Truffles Recipe
- 12 ounces of mint chocolate cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Cocoa powder for rolling truffles in
- 1 cup milk chocolate melting chips
- ½ cup white chocolate melting chips
- Green sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add cookies, cream cheese and Bailey’s Irish Cream. Mix on low speed, until the cookies are crushed and incorporated into the cream cheese. The dough will be sticky.
- Roll tablespoon amounts of dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. Once you have rolled out all the truffles, dip them in a small dish of cocoa powder and roll each truffle again. Since the dough is soft and sticky this step will ensure a smooth and even surface.
- In a double broiler or microwave, melt down the milk chocolate. Carefully dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, then transfer back to the baking sheet to set.
- Next, melt the white chocolate. With a spoon, drizzle the white chocolate over the entire tray of truffles, then quickly sprinkle with green sprinkles before the white chocolate sets.
- Cover gently with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.
18 Comments on “Mint Irish Cream Truffles Recipe”
These look so tempting! a perfect idea for St Patrick’s day. Really pretty!
This looks amazing !
So these sound awesome! Plus they look so greatly festive for St. Patty’s!
These are so festive and fun! #decadent
These look so decadently good!
Wow – these look sooooo good!
These look amazing, Love the Baileys’ Irish Cream..and I just happen to have some in the pantry…hmmmm…
These truffles look wonderful! And nice and easy too, great bonus!
Nothing quite like making home made chocolates. These look so professional!
These looks wonderful, perfect St. Patrick’s Day! 🙂 – Love, Anna
Same to you!
Pingback: Mint Irish Cream Truffles https://momspark.net/mint-irish-cream-truffles/ | Migliori ricette veloci
Hurrah! what a delicious Mint Irish Cream Truffles. I want to eat this now. Go to make this.
Thanks for helpful work
What a wonderful post about my favorite recipe. I am going to add this delicious recipe in the menu of my holiday home, where we are providing, home rent service and meal service.
Love this Irish Recipe idea with detail information.
Thanks for the wonderful post