Easy Cornflake-Crusted Baked Chicken Recipe
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe for your family of picky eaters, look no further. Cornflake-Crusted Baked Chicken is a delicious meal that you can get on the table fast, and even better it doesn’t require a long grocery list.
Variations: I’ve seen this basic recipe altered using different kinds of cereal. Try Honey Bunches of Oats or Captain Crunch if you are feeling adventurous.
Cornflake-Crusted Baked Chicken
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. In a large bowl, mix cornflakes with oil, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned cornflakes, pressing flakes to help them adhere. Transfer coated pieces to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.