Easy Taco Soup Recipe
This delicious taco soup has the most amazing broth made up of ranch dressing dry mix, beef broth, and a bit of Tabasco sauce!
During the winter months, I crave soups, chilis, and stews. This past Christmas, my in-laws made taco soup for dinner instead of the traditional holiday menu and I have been craving it again this week.
I finally made a pot on the stovetop last night and it was SO yummy and, of course, easy. (I only do easy, people)
I researched several recipes online and came up with this recipe. Like any other stew or soup, you can easily add/remove ingredients to your liking and it will be yummy. The main flavor is in the broth itself. This recipe can be put into a slow cooker or right on the stovetop. Makes amazing leftovers, too!
Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 15 oz can of kidney beans
- 1 15 oz can of pinto beans
- 1 11-15 oz can of whole corn drained
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing dry mix
- 2 32 oz boxes of beef broth
- 1-3 dashes of Tabasco sauce to taste (optional)
- Brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Combine ground beef and all remaining ingredients into a slow cooker or large pot. For slow cookers, allow 4-6 hours to cook before serving. For stovetop, bring to soup to a boil, then simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Add sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips to the soup and you're ready to chow down!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.
9 Comments on “Easy Taco Soup Recipe”
are pinto beans those really hard ones?
I think I’d like this except I’ve never seen corn in a taco in my life here in Canada
it does, however, remind me of some peoples recipe for Chili (not mine LOL)
@sabina edwards, The canned pinto beans are not hard at all. You could leave out the corn if that doesn’t sound good to you, but it’s so yummy with it!
@Mom Spark, thanks, I think I’ll try this during the week, I’m off for three whole months, recovering from rotary cuff surgery and its quite boring not working and doing nothing all day long
I seriously miss the routine of getting up and going to work and having something to do
I’ve been off since nov 24th and both my teens are quite fed up with me and my going into their domains and cleaning etc LOL
What a great recipe! Nice and easy. This is my kinda food!
@Curt, Me, too! Seriously, I rarely fuss over any meal I make and this one is literally something you can throw together in 10 minutes.
Oh yum!! This looks really good 🙂
Thank you! It really is. 🙂
This looks yummy!
@Patti P(Fluffs Enough), Thank you! Let me know if you try it. 🙂