Glazed Cottage Cheese Croissant Rolls Recipe
These easy Glazed Cheese Croissants are comforting and delicious with a secret ingredient; cottage cheese!
Glazed Cheese Croissants are comforting and delicious, but don’t be put off that one ingredient is cottage cheese. It is actually worked into the dough rather than used as a filling. I added a bit of cinnamon on top. These have a unique flavor from the cottage cheese that I really enjoyed. They are best served fresh and warm.
I had some issues rolling out the dough so I made it cinnamon roll style where you start with a square shape, roll it into a log, and cut it into slices. FYI – No matter what recipe, no matter how hard I try, I cannot roll out dough properly, so don’t blame the recipe.
Glazed Cheese Croissants
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled, plus more for rolling dough
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sugar Glaze see below
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cottage cheese, flour, and salt. Shape into a disk, and wrap in plastic; refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a well-floured surface, roll dough out to a 14-inch circle. Cut circle evenly into 8 triangles. Roll each triangle up, from wide end to tip, turning ends of roll in to form a crescent shape. Place croissants 3 inches apart on a rimmed baking sheet (to catch any drips); bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.Transfer to wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Sugar Glaze: In a glass measuring cup, add 2 teaspoons milk by 1/2 teaspoonfuls to 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, stirring until glaze is of a drizzling consistency. It should be thin enough to pour while still thick enough to coat croissants. Drizzle over croissants. Serve warm, or let cool to room temperature. Store at room temperature in an airtight container, up to 2 days.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.