Simple and Easy Crockpot Chili Recipe
There’s nothing like coming home to a delicious-smelling chili slow cooking in the house after a long, stressful day of busying about!
Things are cooling down around here, and to me, the first week of fall is the perfect time to pull out my beloved crockpot! There’s nothing like coming home to a delicious-smelling house after a long, stressful day of busying about!
This recipe is one of my tried and true favorites, and thankfully, my daughter loves it as well. So grab your trusty slow cooker, and whip up a batch. Mmm, mmm.
Simple Crockpot Chili Recipe
- 2-3 cans of beans kidney, chickpea, etc. -- just be sure to rinse them really well
- 1-2 peppers chopped (green, yellow, something colorful)
- Big handful of mushrooms quartered
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp or more chili powder
- 1/2 tsp or more cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder garlic powder (or not, I just use what I like)
- salt/pepper a dash, a sprinkle
- 1 big can of diced tomatoes
- 1 big can of tomato sauce
- 1-2 packs of ground round or ground beef
- First, sauté the onions in a pan, then add in your ground round of beef. (Totally option -- this recipe is fabulous as a veg option!)
- Next, add in everything else, pop a lid on it, set your timer for high and leave it alone 5-7 hours. Doesn't get much easier than that.
- Sometimes, about an hour before I'm going to enjoy my tasty meal, I'll toss in a small handful of rice, especially if things are looking a little watery. Really depends on how liberal I've been with other ingredients. Feel free to play around!
- Sometimes I'll do this recipe on the stove (as shown in the photo), if I have the time, but I really think it tastes better the longer you cook it!
Désirée is the Canuck mama behind So Fawned Lifestyle. Blogger, social media wrangler, go-to girl. Living the life with her partner Rich and awesome daughter Gretchen, she spends her days typing and drinking copious amounts of tea, and watching Gilmore Girl reruns.