Sweet Potato Bundles Recipe
Coconut, orange zest, and marshmallows jazz things up these Sweet Potato Bundles perfectly, as you have a bit of a sweet tooth as I do.
If you are looking for something different than the same old baked sweet potatoes, try this twist. Coconut, orange zest and marshmallows jazz things up perfectly as long as you have a bit of a sweet tooth as I do.
Sweet Potato Bundles
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded coconut sweetened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large marshmallow per sweet potato bundle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the potatoes until tender, then peel and mash them. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, zest and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, toss the coconut with the sugar and cinnamon. Press mashed potatoes around each marshmallow, creating a 2 to 3-inch diameter ball. Roll the balls in the coconut mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the expanding marshmallows can cause the potato balls to burst open.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.