Sweet Potato Bundles Recipe
Coconut, orange zest, and marshmallows jazz things up these Sweet Potato Bundles perfectly, as you have a bit of a sweet tooth as I do.
Try this twist if you are looking for something different than the same old baked sweet potatoes. Coconut, orange zest, and marshmallows jazz things up perfectly as long as you have a bit of a sweet tooth as I do.
Get and Print the Recipe
Sweet Potato Bundles
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded coconut sweetened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large marshmallow per sweet potato bundle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the potatoes until tender, then peel and mash them. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, zest and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, toss the coconut with the sugar and cinnamon. Press mashed potatoes around each marshmallow, creating a 2 to 3-inch diameter ball. Roll the balls in the coconut mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the expanding marshmallows can cause the potato balls to burst open.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.