July 4th Red, White and Blue Cocktail
Vodka, lemonade, sparkling water, and yummy fruit make this July 4th cocktail amazingly tasty and just perfect for firework-watching.
I’m not sure how it’s possible, but Independence Day is almost here. Have you made plans yet? Even if you have, you gotta add this red, white and blue cocktail to your must-have list.
Vodka, lemonade, sparkling water, and yummy fruit make this festive cocktail amazingly tasty and just perfect for firework-watching.
Red White and Blue Cocktail
- 3 ounces vodka
- 6 ounces blueberry lemonade Simply Lemonade makes this
- 3 ounces sparkling water
- Squeeze of half a lime
- Garnish: raspberries and blueberries
- Add ice and vodka in 2 glass glasses. Pour the blueberry lemonade juice over the top; add club soda. Add a squeeze of lime juice, f desired. Stir to combine and serve
- Note: This is great with citrus vodka
- I used the brand “Simply Lemonade’s” blueberry lemonade.
- To make your own blueberry lemonade: combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/4 cup squeezed lemon juice. Combine sugar and 1/3 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 3 minutes. Strain blueberry mixture through a cheesecloth or fine sieve; let cool. In a small pitcher, whisk together blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice and 2 cups water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.