Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
Slow Cookers are the favorite appliance of many home cooks.
I use my slow cooker pretty rarely, primarily only for making shredded beef for enchiladas (take a giant roast + a big jar of salsa = done!). The past year I have cautiously branched out, trying a Turkey and Black Bean Pumpkin Chili and Onion Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce. This time around though, I wanted to try using a slow cooker for a Spinach and Artichoke Dip, a classic recipe served at many parties.
The recipe I found at Spoonful was fantastic, blending just the right amount of creaminess with the tangy bite of feta cheese and artichokes. The recipe calls for either fresh or frozen spinach. I ended up going with a bag of frozen spinach, with a bit left over that I plan on using for a dinner this week.
I am toasted baguette fan when it comes to Spinach Artichoke Dip, so I sliced my baguette into thin pieces and brushed with olive oil and baked them for just a few minutes until lightly browned on the edges. Other options for dipping are tortilla chips, corn chips or crunchy vegetables. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 10-ounce bag baby spinach, fresh or frozen
- can (14 ounces) artichokes, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker. Mix well with a spoon until the ingredients are combined. Cook on high for 1 hour 30 minutes or on low for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Stir and pour into a serving dish or set the slow-cooker to warm and serve out of the slow-cooker. Serve with toasted baguette slices, tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.