St. Patrick’s Day Irish Beer Cheese Soup Recipe
Irish beer cheese soup made with butter, bacon, various cheese, Irish Lager, hot sauce, and delicious spices!
If I had to eat one dish day after day, it would be soup.
With St. Patrick’s Day approaching, I’ve been thinking about ways to integrate the holiday into a delicious soup and today does just that.
Irish beer cheese soup – delish! Get the recipe below!
St. Patrick's Day Irish Beer Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large yellow onion - chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 12 oz Harp Premium Imported Irish Lager
- 14 oz sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
- 14 oz cream cheese - cubed room temperature
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash hot sauce or more depending on taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- bacon bits and scallions for garnish
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent. Add flour to the onions and cook for an additional minute.
- Transfer the onion and garlic mixture to a food processor. Add 1 cup of the chicken broth and purée until smooth.
- Pour the purée into a Dutch oven. Add the rest of the chicken broth and the lager. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cream cheese and shredded cheese. Whisk until melted.
- Add the mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Stir to incorporate. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with bacon bits and scallions.
PIN THIS POST BELOW!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.