Strawberry and Raspberry Tart with Fluffy Lemon Curd Filling Recipe
My family was quite excited when I put the finishing touches on this pretty strawberry tart.
I am a die hard fan of puff pastry. It is easy to use and has such great flavor, which makes for a perfect base for our dessert. The puff pastry based is filled with a sweet and tart lemon curd filling, then finally topped with strawberries and raspberries. This tasty dessert is Summer on a plate. Enjoy!
Note: I have enough leftover pastry scraps to make a tiny tart which I filled with the lemon curd filling, then topped with strawberries and kiwi slices. Delish!
Get the recipe below!
Strawberry and Raspberry Tart with Fluffy Lemon Curd Filling
For the puff pastry base:
- 1 box puff pastry sheets
- egg wash (1 egg + splash water)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- For the lemon curd filling:
- 1 (10 oz.) jar lemon curd
- 1 medium (12 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
For the berry topping:
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
1. For the puff pastry base: Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, lay out the puff pastry sheets. One sheet will be the base and the second sheet we will use to cut the trimmings. Place the base sheet on baking sheet. Brush lightly with egg wash. (Try not to brush the egg over cut edges. This can seal the edges and it might not rise evenly.)
2. Cut 4 (1-inch) strips from the second sheet. Place strips on edge of pastry rectangle. Trim if necessary; seal edges together. Brush with egg. Prick center bottom of pastry several times with a fork. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. (I had a bit of puff pastry left over at this point. You can make cinnamon sugar twists with it, or even a miniature version of the larger tart we are preparing.)
3. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Ovens vary greatly so keep a close eye on it. Center will puff up during baking. Pierce center several times with tip of knife; center will gradually sink during cooling. Cool on wire rack.
4. For the lemon curd filling: In a medium bowl combine the lemon curd and Cool Whip. Mix with a hand mixer to blend completely. Chill until ready to use.
5. For the berry topping: In a separate bowl, mix the raspberries and sliced strawberries. Heat the strawberry preserves until thinned and mix into the berries.
6. To assemble: Spoon the lemon filling into the cooled puff pastry base and top with the prepared berries. Cut into squares or rectangles and serve.