Homemade Strawberry Fruit Leather Roll-ups Recipe
Today’s post pays homage to fruit roll-ups with this easy make-at-home strawberry fruit leather recipe made with natural ingredients!
For all of the Gen X peeps like me – do you remember the original Fruit Roll-ups? If so, you know that they were once much more fruit-like and natural. I miss those old-school snacks!
Well, today’s post pays homage to those raw days with this easy make-at-home strawberry fruit leather recipe!
Grab it below and enjoy!
Strawberry Fruit Leather Recipe
- 1 pint strawberries
- ½ lemon small
- 1 – 2 tbsp sugar
- as needed water
- Cut the green tops off the strawberries and cut in half.
- Pile them inside a blender or food processor.
- Juice the ½ lemon and add it to the blender.
- Blend until very smooth, adding the water as you go to help it blend/puree.
- Add the sugar. Start with 1 tbsp. Blend. Taste, and add more if you need it. The consistency of the puree at this point should be of a thick soup or a syrup.
- Line a high sided baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spray the parchment paper with non-stick spray
- Pour the strawberry puree onto the parchment paper. Spread it out as evenly as possible to cover the baking sheet. The thinner the puree, the quicker it will dry. Do not spread it so that you can see through it.
- Place in the oven and set the temperature for 170F or lower. Preferably, set it on the lowest temperature your oven will go.
- Dry the fruit leather for 5 – 8 hours. It is ready when you can touch the fruit and there is very little moisture left, and your finger does not make a mark where it touched.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Slowly begin to separate the leather from the parchment paper. Once it’s free from the paper, use a knife or a pizza cutter and cut strips. Roll each strip up tightly and store them in an air tight container. Refrigerate.
PIN THIS STRAWBERRY FRUIT LEATHER RECIPE!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.