Easy Meyer Lemon and Blueberry Cake Recipe
All you need for this lil beauty is a vanilla cake mix – yep, no shame here… and Meyer lemons and blueberries. Easy peasy Meyer lemon squeezy. [See what I did there]
I chose a gluten-free cake mix from Whole Foods, so I could enjoy it as well – however, you could choose ANY mix gluten or no and the same rules apply.
Simply follow cake mix directions – mine was also vegan, so I only needed olive oil, almond milk, and lemon juice… and add 2 cups fresh blueberries, zest of 2 Meyer lemons, mix gently, pour into a springform pan, bake according to package directions and voila! Easy peas…well, you know the rest. 🙂
While the cake is baking, you can make a little blueberry compote to pour over each serving… also super simple to make, and done by the time the cake is out of the oven!
Simply simmer blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice+zest and you have a delicious sauce also great served over oatmeal in the morning or over ice cream or directly from the pan. 😉
I hope you enjoy this lovely little cake – you will amaze even yourself with what you can do with a simple box of cake mix.
Recipe below! xo
The Easiest, Prettiest Ever Meyer Lemon & Blueberry Cake with Blueberry Compote
- 1 vanilla cake mix [see also ingredients according to cake mix directions]
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 meyer lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350, or according to cake mix directions.
- Follow cake mix directions and add 2 cups fresh blueberries and zest of two meyer lemons. Fold gently and pour into greased springform pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, in a small saucepan combine remaining 2 cups fresh blueberries, 1 cup sugar, zest of the 1 remaining meyer lemon and juice from two of the lemons and 1/4 cup cold water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until syrupy and thickened. Remove from heat and serve at room temperature.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.